Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > MaxiDiag Elite > MD802 > New Md802 cant update or access SD card
New Md802 cant update or access SD card

1998 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2014-10-29 01:12:58

•   Level 2   
    (25) points
    mbodies
    2014-10-11 14:59:10
     I have just received my new MD 802 all systems and it works fine.  I have used it on 3 cars and had no problems with it .  I have registered it and created my identity and password.  I then downloaded the updater software.  Then started the updater it found updates . Here the problems start I found that my computer will not read the SD card from the unit. Tried to explore it in my computer but no joy . Tried to use it with the updater ,no joy. If I put any other Sd card in the computer it will read them but not the autel one. 
    All the software must be on the card but I can read it to back up and the updater will not read it.
    Can anyone help as from what I read this seems to be a common problem.

•   Level 2   
    (25) points
    mbodies
    2014-10-18 10:27:39 (Reply to:mbodies)

I now have the full answer to the problem.
    I purchased a new 8gb sd card and put it in the computer and found that I got the same result as the Sd card from the MD 802 . I then sent question to Microsoft to find out why my computer would not read the cards. They said that Windows XP did not support sd cards above 4gb so the inbuilt card reader in my computer would not read the 8gb card.
    The answer is to purchase a stand alone USB card reader which supports SDHC which when plugged into the Windows XP unit enables it to read the higher capacity card.Many thanks to Autel support for their help.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2014-10-29 01:12:58 (Reply to:mbodies)

Thank you for sharing this information to us.
  Total1 Pages